Since releasing the draft Strategy on May 6th, we hosted a number of activities to solicit input from the public and various stakeholders. In just one month the project team hosted 3 public open houses and 13 pop-up events across the region!
The Bus Transformation Project team hosted three open houses across the region. Click here for event boards and self-guided PowerPoint presentation.
Virginia Open House5/20/2019
DC Open House5/21/2019
Maryland Open House5/23/2019
The Bus Transformation Project team held 13 Pop-Up Events throughout the region to spread the word about the Draft Strategy and ask people to share their thoughts. Check out the map to see where we went in May 2019.
Anacostia Metro Station (DC)5/15/2019
Silver Spring Paul S. Sarbanes Transit Center (MD)5/7/2019
Old Town Farmers Market (VA)5/18/2019
The Bus Transformation Strategy is a plan to transform bus in the Washington region to improve service and the customer experience, creating a more cohesive area-wide system. The draft Bus Transformation Strategy was developed with insights from stakeholders, riders, and the public, and is based on extensive research and analysis.
The Bus Transformation Project has included a large amount of public and stakeholder engagement. More is happening every day! So far, there have been*:
- +8,500 Survey Responses from the General Public
- 33 Public Pop-Up Events
- 3 Public Open House Events
- +21,000 Postcards and Fliers Distributed
- 40 Stakeholder Interviews
- 1 Kickoff Summit with 140+ Participants
- 13 Metrobus Division Engagement Events
- 10 Focus Groups
- 18 Executive Steering Committee Meetings
- 10 Technical Team Meetings
- 3 Strategy Advisory Panel Meetings
- 35 External Project Briefings
- 9 WMATA Leadership Team Briefings
- 220 postings on social media by 14 different agencies and dozens of additional regional partners
- 15,365 People Reached by the Project Facebook Page
*As of June 6, 2019
Thanks to all who have provided feedback! Next up for the Bus Transformation Project team will be compiling and reviewing all feedback received from the public and stakeholders. Sign up for our mailing list below to receive project updates and learn about how the final strategy is developing!