Thank you to all who participated in our survey! We heard from 5,679 people, both online and at 20 pop-up events around the region.
To read more about what we heard from the public survey, click here.
The Bus Transformation Project has included a large amount of public and stakeholder engagement. More is happening every day! So far, there have been*:
- +5,675 Survey Responses from the General Public
- 20 Public Pop-Up Events
- 40 Stakeholder Interviews
- Kickoff Summit with 140+ Participants
- 13 Metrobus Division Engagement Events
- 3 Focus Groups
- 6 Executive Steering Committee Meetings
- 3 Technical Team Meetings
- 1 Strategy Advisory Panel Meeting
- 3 External Project Briefings
- 5 WMATA Leadership Team Briefings
- 5 Other Meetings and Workshops
- 93 postings on social media by 10 different agencies
- 69 people reached by postings on the project Facebook page
*As of December 31, 2018
The project team collected responses to the mobility survey, in both English and Spanish, through online engagement as well as at 20 pop-up events that were held throughout the Washington area. The pop-up events were held at the following locations.
The Bus Transformation Project team will be using the information we heard from the public through the mobility survey to develop draft recommended strategies for Metrobus, which will be presented to the public in a series of open houses in the spring of 2019. There will be opportunities to discuss these draft recommendations with the project team and to submit written comments.
Please sign up for our mailing list below to receive project updates!